As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Some designers look at enterprise software and all they see is bad UX. What you see is the frustration of those who need to use it. And what you know is that you want to make it better. To understand what those people are trying to achieve and provide an experience that makes them happier and more successful.
Maybe you’ve had jobs where design wasn’t valued, or worked on consumer apps that didn’t seem important, and are looking for better. Maybe you’ve been able to work in a balanced team to deliver great products, and are looking for more.
You definitely believe in the power of user research and user-centered design to guide the development of world-class software and services.
Pivotal Greenplum tackles the technical challenges that come with massively parallel distributed systems operating on petabytes of data across thousands of nodes. We delve into areas like query optimization, high-performance in-memory transaction and query processing, parallel and distributed execution of advanced data processing algorithms, resource management, and storage. On this team, you’ll be working on hard, worthwhile problems with a collaborative team.
Every day brings new adventures. In this role, you’ll:
- Embed as a full member of one of the product’s delivery teams
- Work independently and with others to explore, prototype, evaluate, and refine both GUI and CLI user experiences
- Talk with users to understand their needs and to solicit feedback on work-in-progress
- Pair with product managers to write, prioritize, and accept stories in development backlogs
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with product managers and developers
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years designing applications that get things done
- Experience with and curiosity of Agile and LeanUX philosophies
- Strong grasp and advocacy of user centered design tools & techniques
- You guide product decisions through user research
- Good working relationships with clients/customers and stakeholders
Desired Skills / Experiences
- User research in technical domains
- Metrics and data visualization
- Understanding of command line tools and linux environments
- Availability for occasional travel to China
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit dell.jobs.