Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the role:
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning – and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product.
Working on the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will:
- Proactively and independently identify and articulate high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Have the skills to answer those questions, including strong command of a range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative methods – especially survey development and related data analysis
- Independently plan and lead research end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research
- Represent the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, working closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicate your research insights to the right people at the right time, ensuring that the team translate research findings to product and business impact
- Contribute to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users that has a long shelf life, serving as a framework for research, product design and development, marketing, and business going forward
Some skills we consider critical to being a User Experience Researcher:
- A total of 6-8+ years of qualitative research experience. Research experience can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and an advanced degree that includes having done research in an academic setting
- Advanced degree, either Masters or PhD, in one Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- A demonstrable record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Most importantly, love and care for your craft
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.