In this role, you will help create and implement effective visual designs for digital applications based on a design system and common patterns. This includes designing and styling interactions, supporting iconography and graphics, and contributing to a library of patterns used by UX designers.
- Create high-fidelity mockups based on wireframes/sketches from UX team applying visual styles from design system library
- Create and style new interactions where needed
- Create icons and graphics as needed
- Annotate and document work; create/convert deliverables for consumption by developers
- Ensure product quality by evaluating output against designs; apply critical eye to work of UX team
- Researches emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends. Qualifications/Requirements:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Preferred
- 0-3 years relevant experience in a software application development organization.Eligibility Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job. Desired Characteristics:
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to be productive in environment where information may be missing, incomplete, or conflicting.
- Flexibility – ability to rip up a design and start over when needs change#DTR About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.Locations: United States; California; San RamonGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
To apply for this job please visit ge.jobs.